I want to start my first contributions to this website with a presentation, a thank you, a justification and an apology.
As you can see, my name is Juan Revenga and I am a dietitian-nutritionist , one of many. And this is, just like that, the presentation.
I say one of many those who leave their skin every day trying to do what they have studied (and are excited about) their profession. It is not easy, or at least it does not seem to me. We have to fight day after day with a society that does not know us too much, that on few occasions does not appreciate us, and also with other people who, being professionals(sanitary or not) it is believed that their knowledge and weight when talking about dietetics, nutrition and their relationships with health are as valid and sometimes more than those of dietitian-nutritionists. Therefore, initiatives like the one I participate in today seem like a great tool to reach more people and more professionals than maybe, who knows, today they are in the university studying and they don’t know very well where they are getting. So, my sincere thanks to those who today have decided to leave me a place here to tell “my stuff.”
I refer to my things because in all sincerity, I will hardly be able to take the necessary time to generate unpublished content on this page. Therefore, my contributions will consist mostly of a kind of summary of my work in the last month in the field of media, or at least what I consider most interesting. In this way, anyone who is interested can access this content from a single site. Therefore these are my apologies and my reasons for ending up making my contribution here in this way.
Thus, I begin with the first summary corresponding to the month of September 2013 .
Writing a mandatory daily in a blog ends up being stressful, perhaps for that reason the contents are of a heterogeneous interest, or depend rather on the recipient of such information. In any case, the most relevant or what I thought was most interesting was …
- Undoubtedly, ending the seven-chapter “Mediterranean saga” , a self-imposed “pending subject” that had a server on the origin and development of the Mediterranean dietary construct, its curiosities, vicissitudes and how it has become the “Monster” that today knows most of the population. You can check all the chapters in this link .
- The story of an absolutely real personal anecdote that offers a sample of how we eat the jar … or not in Bread and ice cream on any Sunday
- The mess that makes up a large part of the general population with the labeling on How can you fatten a food with few calories and lots of sugar?
- Absurd and “wonderful” new dietary proposals in Orochronodietología and other tongue twisters of bad omen
- The controversial entry on my opinion about the reality of Tele Cinco “Do not be heavy” in ‘Do not be heavy’ a bad approach Telecinco
- The paradox of “naturalness” or of home origin in clearly industrial products in They are homemade croquettes because it puts it in the box
- The circumstance of having a BMI greater than 25 or even 30 and being a metabolically healthy person in Can you suffer from obesity and be healthy?
- The eternal debate about whether dairy products cause mucus in Dairy products do not increase mucus
- An entry that had a very good acceptance was that of this tool to know which foods have more … and which of them are vegetables …?
We started the month with the news of that study that ventured a relationship between intestinal flora and weight status … and they gave me a mini-view on ‘Es Radio’ in the program ‘In Herrero’s House’ (minute 17:45)
And I finish with the collaboration with the ‘SER Consumer’ program of the ‘SER Chain’ . This first participation as a collaborator focused on the issue of organic food , in the form of a post and intervention in a debate together (or in front) to Professor Mª Dolores Raigón (minute 16:50)
See you in a month, be good people and eat well. Hugs!